It's been some time since I gave you all an update. Not up to it. All the cut nerve endings on my chest are evidently pissed off and yelling constantly. What does that mean, exactly? Well, it would be a pain level 3 - uncomfortable, constantly. My chest has felt like it's burning. A burning that is so hot that it feels cold. But it can't be just this constant sensation... oh no, it ebbs and flows so you can't really acclimate to it and accept it as background pain. And it's not really painful enough to say it's painful. It's just intensely uncomfortable. Position doesn't change it. Nor does icing it. Then there are time when if feels like milk let-down or some odd phantom nipple sensations. When I asked the surgeon about it, she told me that it is 'just' neurons firing and that they will chill out with time. I tell you, it curls your toes sometimes. The last day or so it's been settling down some. Enough that I feel like typing today.
I had some minor complication handled today... seromas... bilaterally 'cause I don't do things half way right? I guess my body wasn't happy without breasts so it decided to make its own. I went in today to have them drained. My guesstimate was right on... 100ml on the Left and 80ml on the Right. Let me just say draining those was NOT pleasant. For as numb as my skin is I definitely felt the needle go in. Then the guy accidentally stuck the pecs on the Left. Ouch, that really smarted. The guy felt terrible, but I'm pretty sure I felt it more. Still wasn't as bad as the breast numbing injection pre-surgery. More on that another day.
I've been bored out of my mind. Sudoku, crosswords, et al gets old faster then I thought they would. Sitting and laying around all stinkin' day... boring. Then there is reading and reading and reading. Thank goodness for the generous individuals that have brought me a lunch or dinner and hung out to chat a bit. Chatting very long has been exhausting but at least it's mentally stimulating. I haven't felt up to some of my more 'challenging' projects yet. I've been out to eat and mill about in public twice... exhausting. Today was such a day so I'm going to bed. I'll try to write more tomorrow.
1 comment:
Sorry, I didn't call you today. Sounds like your day was pretty full though.
Post a Comment