Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ebb and Flow

I had a rough night last night. Evidently, pricking the pecs was more meaningful than I thought. I had to break down and take pain medications. I haven't needed any for a week and a little needle prick set off the pain pathways enough... Anyway, I woke up several times, couldn't have anything touching me chest, not even jammies. Most uncomfortable. Today I'm alternating ibuprofen and tylenol and icing. It's better in that I don't need pain meds but it's still very sensitive to touch. Even light touch.

Deb was kind enough to bring me a decaf non-fat latte after taking Tapwe to school. We chatted for quite awhile. That helped.

Barbra and my folks should be here soon with a Turkey casserole and cheese enchiladas and chocolate cupcakes  with hidden pumpkin and perhaps other healthy products. Just thinking about it makes me feel better. Food really is the spice of life isn't it? How fortunate am I that my friends and family know how to cook so well?

2 comments:

Paula & Maggie said...

Hi,
I know that it can be rough, you just want it to be better, and over with. I promise it does get better :). It may be boring to not be active, but your body needs the rest to recoup. When I would go out I would have to sit in my car and rest before I could even make it into the house. I can remember laying the floor crying from pain, exhaustion, and just plain frustration!! But with all of that-- you will have good days and your strength will come back, slowly but surely. And the pain does subside I promise.
Hang in there, and remember you have a lot of people in your corner rooting you on :).

Melissa Boone said...

Good Morning!

I wanted to let you know that several clients are asking about you. The Cooley Family adopted a new dog "Jack". He is very handsome.. they wanted me to remind you to eat your vegetables since their boys have to =). And Mr. Pavlenko called and said he is a 3x cancer survivor and he is in your corner thinking about you. I will see you next week, but we are all here thinking about you every day!

-Missie