I've had two really decent days. I'm acclimating to the hypersensitivity and the seroma formations seem to have stabilized. I hope that means no more aspirations. The chest isn't so painful anymore either. A really good thing. You get tired of pain. Now I'm noticing adhesions... very limiting. I hope the physical therapy class next week will show me how to break those down. They really must go.
Monday I drove Tapwe to school. That was my first time driving since surgery. Chester was there with me keeping the seatbelt off of tender locations. It was exhausting. I came home and slept for five hours. Crazy.
Tuesday I only needed three hours to recover but then I went to the post office and home again. It took the rest of the day to recover from that little endeavor.
Today I only needed a two hour nap after driving Tapwe to school so I thought I'd really push it and get the ole metabolism revved up. I went out to lunch with a couple of friends, picked Tapwe up from school, grocery shopping for a few minor things, and then out for a long walk-stroll tonight. We'll see how good an idea that was. I'm wiped. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten that flu shot today... do ya think?
I learned that I may not lose my eyebrows and eyelashes with chemo. Thank God for small favors. I would have NO idea how to 'pencil in' eyebrows. Anyway, hair loss should occur approximately 10-20 days after the first treatment and return several months (3-4) after the treatments are concluded. Does anyone out there have some cool hats or turbans I could check out and borrow for several months? No wigs, thanks. If so, email me and I'll put someone in charge of hat collection, labeling and delivery.
4 comments:
I would be more than happy to choose one in your favorite color at the cancer center at Providence Portland and drop it off to you. Let me know what style you would prefer.
Karina
They also have a location at Providence St. Vincent. We can meet and you can try some on.
Karina
Ah, freedom - being back behind the wheel....
PS Kudos to Chester!
For some of the time that you're not behind the wheel, I recommend this website for ideas of movies to watch. http://www.aifisf.com/aiff/2010/?fMenu=film
It's the American Indian Film Institute. If you place your cursor over "Film Festivals," it'll show a drop-down menu. At the bottom of this selection are recent film festivals. You'll probably recognize some of the titles of recent years.
Post a Comment