Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pec Poking Update

Things are on the up and up again. I took a heavy dose of pain meds last night that helped stop the pain cascade. My skin is still very sensitive to touch and I still have pec muscle spasm on the Left but it's much more tolerable now.

The seroma is coming back again. Worried that I needed another seroma drain today, I went to see the surgeon with great trepidation. She wasn't convinced we needed to repeat Monday's drama... THANK GOD! I was really concerned... ok, scared. She prescribed some Valium to see if that would help with the spasm. I'm not enjoying all these drugs. I'd make a lousy addict.

I'm a bit gorked out on drugs so I'll stop for tonight.

2 comments:

Paula & Maggie said...

Those drains can be a BIG UGH! And the removal is no picnic either. I think I remember that you said that is was not bad for you. When I had them removed I gritted my teeth and squinted my eyes :(. I will keep my fingers crossed that you will not need it.
Glad that the pain meds helped. I too HATE pain medication. But I guess it is great to utilize the benefits that they provide.
Have a good rest tonight :).

Cindy Cosenzo said...

Hi Dr. Wikander,

thank you for sharing your experiences as you experience them. they are a real treasure :-)

you were mentioning that you are tired of Sudoku etc. Do you have an iPhone or SmartPhone? If so, we could play Words With Friends, scrabble but completely on your own individual schedule. Becky also plays so you could have games going with me and games going with her. Let me know.

Not a pain reliever per se, but at least something to direct attention for a spell.

:-)