Yesterday was a much better day. Carrie came over and painted my fingernails coral and my toenails purple. Yes, really... purple. Looks cool. I definitely feel more feminine. Bless her for that.
Today I met with Dr Cetas for my follow up and drain removal visit... yipeee! Those drains are downright annoying. She removed the bandaging, too. From above, I can appreciate the skill it took to produce such bilaterally symmetrical incisions. I still haven't looked at it in the mirror and probably won't for awhile. Just not ready for it. It's unsettling... Thankfully, Tapwe is home today.
The histopath results came back. All good! Lymph nodes were truly clear, no vascular invasion, nor skin affected, massive margins in the Left since the whole breast was removed, no masses on the Right. I couldn't have asked for better news today.
4 comments:
Yeah !!!
A good day and a great report.
The time will come that you can look in the mirror. Just give yourself a little space and time. I would take a peak as I was taking a shower, just a little at a time until I could look completely in front of the mirror. Each day forward is a day that you are arriving at the end of this part of the journey.
Have a great day and enjoy having Tapwe home with you.
YAY to the millionth! So pleased! And I'm sure the scars are a bit "discomBOOBulating" but LOVE YOUR SCARS, they SAVED YOUR LIFE! I was bothered by my gastrostomy scar as a kid, but then realized I was simply a "star bellied Sneetch!" ) BTW, I found out yesterday that the mysterious thing on my R boob is completely normal & fine. HOORAY! (And why did it take 3 docs to figure this out??) Anyhow, congrats, and keep on keepin' on!
Awesome!!! Drains, huh? Now when you go back to work & you have to use a drain on a dog or cat, you'll sort of know what they are going through!! :)
So glad you are doing better today!
Glad you are having a better day! Hopefully tomorrow will be great as well since I'm bringing you some cheesy, meaty, pasta-goodness!
Post a Comment