Saturday, September 3, 2011

Keeping a Sense of Humor

One day post-op and everything is going well. Better than expected, really. I can tell you that this has been a huge weight off of my chest... pun intended. 


Yesterday the surgical prep nurse gave me a stuffed white dog. Because he was a stuffed item to use a chest protector, I named him Chester.


You can see that this whole ordeal has not helped my sense of humor.

6 comments:

mandy_moo said...

So glad to know everything went well! Thanks for keeping us all posted! It's nice I can keep tabs on you even though I'm out of state. :)

Diana Stoll said...

You are so great! :)

Jessie said...

Bahahaha! You crack me up. Chester. Love that. jd

Paula and Maggie Miller said...

I see the surgeon left your sense of humor intact! You're still in our thoughts.

Jim C said...

Toby and I are so glad to hear that you are doing well, Dr. W! Hang in there and let the healing begin ...

Janie said...

You crack me up! My mom is at a dude ranch ("Duuuuude...") in Montana right now w/ her best girlfriend. She agonized about finding the right fake "action boob" that wouldn't get too sweaty or icky on horseback riding expeditions. Now she has a "wardrobe" of 3 falsies! BTW, she did say, "How is Dr. W managing w/ the drains? I can't imagine BOTH SIDES!" So, love from my survivor mama, too! :)