Anti-Cancer Foods... Summary
I saw the surgeon yesterday. She's very happy with the healing, scarring, et al. Using Paula's fine sense of humor, I asked her why she never thanked me for the mammories. She got a kick out of that. I got the go ahead to exercise... within reason so this morning I swam 8 lengths... no butterfly. Very invigorating. I'm sure there will be some repercussions... but I did use 'reason'.
So a phytochemical summary is in order. Per the aforementioned book the following would be an example of what to eat and drink during the day to obtain reasonable amounts of fabulous cancer fighting phytochemicals:
- tea, green - 8 oz x 3
- citrus fruit drink - 1/2 cup
- wine, red - 1 glass
- brussel sprouts - 1/2 cup
- other cruciferous veggie - 1/2 cup
- spinach or watercress - 1/2 cup
- onion, shallot, leek - 1/2 cup
- garlic - 2 cloves
- berries, fresh - 1/2 cup
- cranberries, dried - 1/2 cup
- grapes - 1/2 cup
- tomato paste - 1 Tablespoon
- flax, fresh ground - 1/2 cup
- tumeric with black pepper - 1 Tablespoon with 1/2 teaspoon
- chocolate, 70% dark - 1.5 oz
Most of this sounds reasonable to me but... 1/2 cup of flax seed? I think I'll go with 1 Tablespoon of chia seed. 1/2 cup of onion? Looks like I'll need to investigate the use and flavor of shallot and leek. And where's the soy? At least it's only 1 cup of cruciferous veggie. It could have been like 8 servings. Gag! Spinach... hmmm, maybe I could hide that on a ham and cheese sandwich. Well, much like the pirate code, it's really just a general guideline to work off of.
No comments:
Post a Comment