Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mack Truck Meets Brick Wall

Good Lord what a miserable night! Indescribable really. So tired I couldn't even make it across the room without resting on the floor. It was like getting run over by a truck, having a load of bricks dumped on you, and then being rung out like a dish rag. The discomfort was amazingly intense. To the point of pain. No comfortable position to be found, constant tenderness and soreness, no relief. Yucky yucky icky bah! Tapwe lay with me keeping me warm and comforting me all night... bless his soul for that. 

This morning I woke sore and tired but with much less discomfort. The bone marrow stimulant injections cause bone pain, and how. The sternum in my case. I thought I was about done with chest pain but now I get to self inflict it. Despite all this complaining, I am truly grateful. I only have to go through four cycles of this. I cannot imagine those that are in for eight or more.

I am eternally grateful to Paula for her fabulous last minute egg salad sandwiches, Diana's dash for Recharge, Tina's muffins and Brittany's pork dinner with amazing apple pie. I really couldn't have gotten through the day without you all. It will be interesting to see how work goes tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Wikander, you are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Thank you for sharing your journey.
BIG hugs from Billy, Kim, Twinkie, and Captain Jack.

Ruth said...

You are one of the toughest people I know - to go through what you've described - and then get up and go to work?!?!! We are all pulling for you!