Monday, October 31, 2011

Gearing up for Round 2

Today was a day of baking. I'm gearing up for Round 2 now that I know what to expect. My good friend, Ruth, showed up at my doorstep so I talked her into staying and helping me make muffins for my bad days. I hardly had to twist her arm at all! We made five recipes from the What to Eat During Cancer Treatment Cookbook:
  • Fiber-Filled Trail Mix to stave off constipation and provide for my taste bud alterations
  • Pumpkin-Ginger Mini Muffins for nausea and taste alterations
  • Blueberry-Corn Mini Muffins for nausea
  • Brown Sugar-Oatmeal Muffins for nausea and sore mouth issues
  • Raisin-Bran Muffins for nausea, constipation and sore mouth issues
The house smells fabulous. Of course, we had to taste what we made. I'm happy to report every single recipe is wonderful. Below is a visual of the muffins. I bet you're just wishing  you were going through chemo so you could eat them, too. JUST KIDDING! That's my 'muffin' (muffed up) attempt at humor... you can see my sense of humor hasn't improved...

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hi, Yvonne -

It was a very meditative, enjoyable time of baking. All that AND you're a great photographer, too?! I like the photo of the fruits of our labor.