Fab Day
Yesterday I made fried plantains w/ ketchup and mayo for lunch, per Lynette... mmmm. It doesn't taste like banana at all. It's more like a winter squash flavor with a heavier texture, but delicious all the same. After I was done Deb told me she had an excellent banana ketchup for dipping. Banana ketchup! What will they think of next?
Yesterday I swam 40 lengths... bruised toe and all so today I swam 48... in 30 min. It felt very good with minimal stretch at my incisions. I do believe I am up to my pre-mastectomy speed. I can now walk with minimal limping but I still prefer to use protective shoes... and slippers in the house. I'm thinking I might lose that toenail... gross!
I now have 1/4" of hair growth. It's very soft and NOT CURLY. I feel jipped (sp)... but at least I HAVE hair. Vickie tells me hers didn't show up curly right away either so... there IS hope yet.
Just finished my Lumosity task for the day... working on the post chemo course. My memory is now nearly 90th percentile and my attention and problem solving have moved into the 80+ percentiles. I can definitely say I've noticed these improvements in my day-to-day life. What I cannot say is if the Lumosity is helping me do that or just giving me a number to prove that my brain function is improving. Who cares... as long as it's improved. Thanks Mark!
No comments:
Post a Comment