Still have some neuropathy signs but they are liveable. All this time I thought a neuropathy was merely numbness but it's not. There's a whole range of sensations: neural twinge (quite painful), pins-&-needles, burning, ache, and numbness. I'm at the ache stage. Irritating but not painful. Back to the acytl L-carnatine.
Tonight's delectable delight included baked squash and beets; home-made sausage ravioli & home-made beet ravioli sauteed with walnuts and spicy sausage. I love beets! So sweet and yummy. Who would have thought to put them in ravioli. Not me!
The squash was baked with leeks and garlic in the middle. After cooking I squeezed the garlic and leeks in a garlic press and mixed it with the squash. Too much garlic... so I added some agave and cinnamon. Mmmm mmm good.
I was told to boil the raviolis until they floated but they floated immediately so I guessed. Evidently, when you make your own there is a lot of air in the center which makes a little float bubble when heated. Sauteing the little guys was also a challenge - they want to stick and break. Next time I'm going to try making the pasta dough myself. Lasagne dough was great but I'd like to have more control over ingredients and waste.
Dessert was baked fresh pineapple with Nutella and cashews, again. A new dessert favorite... and it's good for you (except for the Nutella). Hope your dinner was as creative. I got my ideas from Danielle, bless her soul for helping me break into veggies.
The squash was baked with leeks and garlic in the middle. After cooking I squeezed the garlic and leeks in a garlic press and mixed it with the squash. Too much garlic... so I added some agave and cinnamon. Mmmm mmm good.
I was told to boil the raviolis until they floated but they floated immediately so I guessed. Evidently, when you make your own there is a lot of air in the center which makes a little float bubble when heated. Sauteing the little guys was also a challenge - they want to stick and break. Next time I'm going to try making the pasta dough myself. Lasagne dough was great but I'd like to have more control over ingredients and waste.
Dessert was baked fresh pineapple with Nutella and cashews, again. A new dessert favorite... and it's good for you (except for the Nutella). Hope your dinner was as creative. I got my ideas from Danielle, bless her soul for helping me break into veggies.
No comments:
Post a Comment